Resolutions are always popular at the beginning of a New Year. Though in my mind there’s no reason not to do them anytime; anyone for a 4th of July resolution? Since I wasn’t blogging here at the beginning of 2011 I don’t have a set of New Year resolutions or goals to look back on and see how I did. All I can say is that I did meet 2 HUGE goals in 2011 and I’m very proud of that.
Goal #1: I quit my 9-5 job on May 23rd.
Goal #2: We moved to Thailand on June 7th
Unfortunately after meeting these two goals I became a bit unfocused for the remainder of the year. In my defense these were long term goals (5 years) and moving to a new country can be a bit disorienting. Added to that was my becoming a stay at home dad for our (now) 19 month old daughter and it’s no wonder I lost track for a bit. I promise myself (and you dear readers) that 2012 will be much more goal oriented and productive, but more on that in a couple days.
Right now, in lieu of my own reflections and reckoning of my progress towards meeting goals and resolutions from 2011, I bring you the reviews and reflections of dozens of other personal finance bloggers. As I said, making resolutions and setting goals is popular at this time of year and it’s almost as popular to look back at the previous years resolutions to see where we’ve made progress and where we need to be more conscientious.
Looking back at 2011 Goals
- Flexo at Consumerism Commentary Reflecting on his 2011 Goals
- Trent at The Simple Dollar Reviewing his 2011 Resolutions
- Sam at Financial Samurai with his Top 5 Hits and Misses for 2011
- Evan at My Journey to Millions with a Review of How He Did on His 2011 Goals and Objectives
- Elle at Couple Money with a Year End Review 2011: What We Did Right and What We Could’ve Improved
- Ashley at Enemy of Debt with her New Year’s Annual Review
- Daniel at Sweating the Big Stuff with Reflecting Back on 2011
- Mike at The Financial Blogger with 2011 Financial Goals Reviewed, When Things Happen But Not The Way You Think
- Jackie at Money Crush with Goals and Other Updates
- Joe at Retire by 40 with 2011 New Year’s Resolutions – Winter Update
- SB at One Cent at a Time with A Look Back On the Year 2011
- Melissa at Mom’s Plans with September, October, November and December 2011 Financial Goals Update
- Krantcents with 2011 Goals Update
- The Finance Buff with 2011 State of the Blog Report and Resolutions for 2012
- Little House in the Valley with Budget Year End Summary
- Money Beagle with 2011 Financial Year In Review
- Amber at Blonde and Balanced with 2011 Goals in Review
- Amanda at Frugal Confessions with The Big Reveal: Did We Meet our Goal of Saving 50% of Our Take Home Pay in 2011?
- Kaye at Mrs. Nespy’s World with 2011 – A Year in Review as well as 2011 – What We DID Accomplish
- Kylie at Kylie Ofiu with 11 Things I learned in 2011
- Justin at Money is the Root with 2011 Statistics & 2012 Blog Goals
- Jeffrey at Money Spruce with 2011 Goals: What Worked, and What Didn’t in the Year of New Ideas
- Laura at Move to Portugal with A Look Back at the Last 12 Months
- Finally Frugal with End of Year Wrap Up and 2012 Goals
- Nick from Step Away From the Mall with 6 Financial Lessons of 2011
- ND Chic’s Cents with 2011 in Review
2011 Top Posts Roundups
- Kerry at Squawkfox shares the Top 10 Squawks from 2011
- Miranda at Financial Highway with a Huge Dollar Matters 2011 Roundup
- G.E. Miller at 20 Something Finance with his Top Posts of 2011 (by month)
- Fitz at Ready to Be Rich with his Top 10 Blog Posts of 2011
- Elle at Couple Money with The Best of Couple Money (2011 Edition)
- Len at Len Penzo dot Com with 100 Words On: My 10 Most Popular 100-Word Posts of 2011
- Jim at Retire Happy Blog with My Articles Around the Web in 2011
- Money Beagle with Money Beagle’s 2011 In Review
- FIRE Finance with 2011’s Best of FIRE Finance
- Family Balance Sheet with Top 10 FBS Posts of 2011
- Fanny from Living Richly on a Budget with Top 10 Posts of 2011
- Aaron (and Charlie and Eddie) at Three Thrifty Guys with Our Top Posts of 2011
- Larry at Rich Christian Poor Christian with My Personal Top 10 Favorite Blog Posts in 2011
- Keith and Dawn from Ironclad Finances with 2011 In Review
If I’ve missed any personal finance blogs who have posted a review of their progress towards 2011’s goals or a roundup of their top posts from 2011 please leave me a note in the comments. Thanks and congratulations to all on a great 2011!